Corvettes, the old work horses of any fleet. A bit slower than a fighter, but with over twice the hit points (HP) and better defenses. This is the only capital ship that can also pivot in battle. That is a huge advantage. If you master how to move a fighter then you will do just as well with these, if not more so.
Their weapon and armor combination make soup out of other fleets with proper load-outs and movement skills. In a battle vs a fighter fleet you will often win with this fleet as your movement is still very good. You can use virtually any tactic, including the blitz with speed modules attached. Always keep a fleet of these around and well outfitted, and take them alongside your capital ships.
They can be even more effect against capital ships than fighters with the right load-outs. Due to the lower HP, quite often active defenses are the most effective. Popular loadouts:
- Strike Cannon/Railgun, Linear Accelerator, Assessor Module, Mass Lightening, and Mass Amplifier
- Pulse Laser, Particle Lens , Backscatter Refractor, Cooling Coils, and Mass Lightening
- Pulse Laser/Disintegration Ray, Particle Lens , Backscatter Refractor, Cooling Coils, and Mass Lightening
- Strike Cannon/Railgun & Antimatter Torpedo with Shaped Charge, Mass Amplifier, Mass Lightening, and Guidance Module
- Pulse Laser, Antimatter Torpedo, Shaped Charge, Backscatter Refractor, Mass Lightening, and Guidance Module