This is an introductory guide to the basics for players just starting out. All the information here is outlined in the tutorial upon starting a new game.
- Select Join Battle to enter the fray.
- Your ships will target hostile enemy crafts automatically and move within range to fire on them.
- You can order your ships to target a specific enemy. First, select your ship then select the enemy craft.
- You can use your keyboard's arrow keys to cycle quickly between your ships, or the Q key to select them all at once.
- Move your ships by selecting them then selecting any point on the map. Move laterally to dodge enemy fire.
- Attacking enemy fleets will reward you with resources and experience.
- To learn more, check out Fleet Controls.
- If you ever lose track of your fleet you can locate it using the Fleet button.
- Transgates can be used to travel between friendly and enemy sectors.
- Click on your fleet and select Recall to engage the auto-pilot protocol and take you to your base. Then, select it on the screen and hit Enter to manage your Starbase.
- Upgrading your Command Center will allow for improvements throughout your Starbase.
- Upgrading other structures will unlock additional research and upgrade options.
- To construct, select Build and then hit Fleets. Choose the Shipyard from the menu of choices. Select Next, then choose the Build button. Place the Shipyard on your base platform.
- Increase your Shipyard’s power capacity to accommodate newer, larger ships. To do this, select your Shipyard and hit Details. From there, go to Next and choose the Upgrade button.
- Select the Shipyard tab.
- Different hull types have varying speeds, defenses, and weapon capabilities. They can be unlocked through research. Larger hull types will have more slots and higher power capacities.
- Smaller ships are agiler while larger ships can be armed to the teeth for maximum firepower and defenses.
- Select the indicated weapon slot and fit the ship with your weapon of choice.
- Weapons differ by damage type, attack type, and range.
- Select the indicated defensive slot and equip the armor you want.
- Shields and Armor provide specialized protection against specific damage types.
- Advanced technology such as Integrity Fields and Spinal Weapons can be slotted to improve your ship's performance.
- Now that the ship has a basic design, select Next, then choose the Build button. Your completed ships are accessible from your Dock.
Assembling Your FleetEdit
- Select the Fleets tab, where you will organize completed ships into groups.
- Additional fleets will become available as you upgrade your Dock.
- This is also where you can Repair fleets damaged in battle.
- The ship assigned to the Flagship slot will be the only ship in your fleet visible to others on the map view.
- Then select Next and Launch the fleet to leave your Starbase.
- Construction and upgrades to your Starbase require resources. You can earn resources by completing Trade Routes.
- Select the Trade Route icon to negotiate a new contract.
- Different corporations specialize in different types of resources.
- Select, for example, Acme Universal Trading to meet your new corporate representative.
- Select Next then choose to Accept to begin the available contract.
- Contracts will remain active for as long as their Contract Duration indicates.
- You will earn resources based on the contract's Drop Frequency.
- When a contract completes, you may obtain another one by selecting the Trade Route icon again.
- To gain the second contract upgrade the communications center to level 4, the third trade route requires level 7.
- You can speed up any task in fewer than five minutes for free. Longer time compressions are possible by expending Palladium.
- Select a building or ship under Construction, then choose Speed Up. From there, select Instant to complete the task.